NCEA Level 1 + NCEA Level 2 With Vocational Pathways Programme
The PCTI Youth Guarantee programme is created for people aged 16 to 19 years of age. It provides opportunity for students to gain NCEA Level 1 and Level 2 and build their self-esteem and confidence.
The aim of our programme is for the learners to become valuable contributors in our community and for them to transition into employment or further education. With an inclusive whanau culture, we support the student to become their very best.
Employers are looking for people that have the following power skills which include;
- Leadership Skills
- Communication and listening Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Work Ethic
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Interpersonal Skills
PCTI has a very strong pastoral care programme which wraps around the academic part of the programme with support from outside agencies. This helps develop the above skills the learner requires to succeed in the workplace and in life.
FREE Transport services are provided ensuring our students attend course every day and there are absolutely no course fees or equipment costs.
NCEA Level 1
- How to interact, listen and communicate with others, both formally and informally
- Developing strong literacy and numeracy skills
- How to write a CV, cover letter, and job interview techniques
- Getting ready for the workplace
- Health & Safety training
- Understanding one’s own lineage and heritage
- Personal wellbeing plan
- Improving self-motivation and independence
- Developing creative thinking
- How to set goals and explore interests
- Manage own personal finances and set budgets
- Creating a positive career pathway for a positive future
NCEA Level 2
Level 2 continues to build on what the student has learnt in Level 1 with added modules for students to gain opportunities to look at different career pathways.
This programme is all about preparing the learners for a work place and what expectations need to be met to be successful.
- Cafe Operations & Barista Skills
- Health & Safety
- Retail & Customer Service
- Food Hygiene & Food Safety
- Small Engine Repair (eg chainsaws, lawnmowers)
- Quad Bike & Light Utility Vehicle (LUV) Operation
- Electric Fence Construction & Brush Cutting
- Foundation Computer Skills
- Horticulture Industry
- Hospitality Industry
- Students must be 16 to 19 years old
- If under 18 years old students must be living at home with supportive parents or guardians
- Students must commit to completing the full 40-week course
- Must be a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
What Our Students Think
Everything changed for me when I moved to Tauranga and started this course. It’s easier than school here, and I’m earning credits.
The people here are cool. Cool classmates, cool teachers. It’s like a big family.
I want to be a mechanic and work on cars. This course is giving me the options I need to get into further education so I can be a mechanic.Henare
This course is way better than school. I get more attention from the teacher. I used to struggle with math’s, but here, it’s broken down. We work through it together.
I’ve been told that my communication skills are better, and so are my levels of engagement and maturity.
I’ve got plans now. I didn’t have plans for my future at school. But now I want to be a midwife or a early childhood teacher.
If you are struggling at school like I was, and thinking of dropping out, come for an interview. Don’t just give up. Give this course a go. Set some goals. Get your credits.Rhianna
I’m not good with time. At college I found it hard trying to remember all the different classes and schedules. I was often late to class, so I would get further and further behind. I was 16 when I left.
Here we do Monday through to Thursday, and come in Friday to catch up on work we are behind in.
There are less students, about 10 per teacher, so it’s easy to get help if you want tit, and we get more one-to-one time with teacher too. That makes it easy to keep on task because the tutors care.
The class work here is not just with books and computers, it’s practical training like barista, food handling and even fencing.Zane
Join our innovative learning journey with our exciting approach to teaching.
4 More Reasons Students Choose Us
- No fees or hidden costs
- Free transport
- Supportive whanau atmosphere
- Our graduates move to employment or further training opportunities
Supporting individual learners to find the right career pathway.