IVS Approved Transitional Facility Operator (TFO)
Hosted by: Independent Verification Services
On This Page
MPI require all Operators of Transitional Facilities to complete specific training. This full day operators course focuses on:
- Responsibilities of the Operator and the importance of their role in biosecurity
- Relevant legislation requirements and overview of the standards
- Practical assistance in completing biosecurity operating procedures
A major part of the process to gain approval as a TFO is attending a Ministry for Primary Industries workshop. IVS offers an approved TFO workshop which promotes and reinforces biosecurity awareness, helps participants understand their legal requirements as an Operator, and gives invaluable assistance with putting biosecurity measures in place at their facility.
Our enjoyable full day course focuses on:
- The responsibilities of a TFO and the importance of their role in the biosecurity chain
- The compliance framework with an overview of relevant legislation, regulation and standards
- Preparing or updating biosecurity operating procedures
- Passing on practical advice and experience from both the tutor and other TFO’s at the course
Course participants gain new knowledge and skills required to effectively operate an approved transitional facility. The Certificate of Training is valid for 2 years before refresher training is required.
Under the TFGEN Standard, some transitional facilities are required to have a trained Deputy TFO onsite providing cover when the primary operator is not present and this course is suitable for them as well.
Course discounts apply if your business is a member of the Biosecurity Support Programme
If your facility already has a Biosecurity Manual or Operating Procedures, please bring these to the workshop as new and mandatory changes will be covered.
- Each participant is required to bring photographic identification (e.g. a passport or driver’s licence) for proof of ID.
- After completing this course, participants will receive a Certificate of Training which will be issued once completed and payment has been received.
- If English is not the participant’s first language, a basic understanding of written or oral English is required to comprehend Ministry for Primary Industries regulations and will help with participation during the course. If you have any concerns about this please contact IVS to discuss alternative options.
8.30am – 4.30pm
- 22 June 2020
- 07 July 2020
- 11 August 2020
Enquire to find out!